Oklahoma Arthritis Center is pleased to announce the opening of its COVID Care Center.
The COVID Care Center is a stand-alone facility dedicated to administering COVID-19 infusion therapies
under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The FDA has authorized the emergency use of Eli Lilly’s bamlanivimab and Regeneron’s casirivimab/imdevimab
for the treatment of mild to moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). These two therapies are monoclonal antibodies
(mAbs) intended to directly neutralize the COVID-19 virus and prevent progression of the disease.
The COVID Care Center will infuse these therapies in adults and pediatric patients (12 years of age and older
weighing at least 40kg) with positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing, and who are at high risk for progressing to
severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization.
High risk is defined as patients who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) ≥ 35
- Have chronic kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have immunosuppressive disease
- Are currently receiving immunosuppressive treatment/li>
- Are ≥ 65 years of age
- Are ≥ 55 years of age AND have:
- cardiovascular disease, OR
- hypertension, OR
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder/other chronic respiratory disease
- Are 12-17 years of age AND have:
- BMI ≥ 85th percentile for their age and gender based on CDC growth charts, OR
- sickle cell disease, OR
- congenital or acquired heart disease, OR
- neurodevelopmental disorders, OR
- medical-related technological dependence, OR
- asthma, reactive airway, or other chronic respiratory disease that requires daily medication for control
The COVID Care Center will be supervised by on-site medical providers and staffed by highly-skilled nurses
specifically trained on administering complex infusion therapies.
Should you have any questions regarding our COVID-19 infusion services, please call 405-726-9859 and ask
to speak with one of our infusion coordinators. We look forward to serving you!